The Health Foundation organizes and runs two youth summer camps each year. We hold these at Camp McCumber near Shingletown. Our camps are there to serve youngsters who have diabetes. Most of us cannot predict if and when children from our clubs or the areas near us will need camp services until the need is immediate. Thus, we need your support for our camps every year even if you don’t plan to send a camper.
You can support the Health Foundation camps with a general donation for camperships or by buying a Foundation membership. The Pryde, Story, and Eaton awards are $150 each (see membership categories below) and come with a vest patch and an engraved plaque you can designate to honor an individual club member. Our 4-C1 Health Foundation Supporter patch is $50 and our first model of the Camp McCumber Diabetic Camp Supporter patch has been reduced to $25. In addition, we have initiated a new patch which reads “4-C1 Camp McCumber Diabetic Camp Supporter,” also $50 that can be used to thank several club members each year.
In order to make the camps affordable to clubs and to individual campers we charge $400* for the full week. The cost to us is over $600 per camper. Other camps in other areas offer a shorter camp experience for more money. We are continually attempting to improve the quality of the camping experience by offering more and newer recreational and educational activities and materials.
Please consider putting us into your annual budget.
Progressive Membership Categories for District4-C1 Health Foundation
- Supporter (vest patch only) – $50.00
- Lion Buck Pryde Award – $150.00 *
- Lion Stan Story Award – $300.00 *
- Lions Ken & Ann Eaton Award – $450.00 *
* Buck Pryde, Stan Story and Ken & Ann Eton Awards include a vest patch and plaque. Minimum payments of $50.00 per year. Full pledge to be paid in 5 years.
DISTRICT 4-C1 HEALTH FOUNDATION
1195 Hazel Street
Gridley, CA 95948-2407
Health Foundation Board Of Directors
- President Jimmy Uyemoto, Peach Bowl Lions
- Vice President Walt Libal, Burney Lions
- Secretary Aron Whealy, Peach Bowl Lions
- Treasurer PDG Bob Trueax, Gridley Lions
- PDG Dave Marceau, Weaverville Lions
- Brock Bowen, Marysville Lions
- Don Ruble, Peach Bowl Lions
- Joe Schwarm, Enterprise Lions
- Christie Bohn, Redding Host Lions
Lions 4C-1 Health Foundation – a charitable, non-profit public benefit corporation under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, Federal ID# 94-3233706.